Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dubya

About eight years ago, John Morgan was setting up for a George W. Bush. campaign stop in Orlando, Fla., when a staffer tapped him on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me, has anyone ever told you, you look a lot like Dubya?"

"That was the first time I heard the phrase Dubya and the first time of many hundreds that I've been told how much I look like George W. Bush," Morgan said. "I had no idea it would lead to an international opportunity to present the world with the comedic side of our president."

Morgan took his show on the road four and a half years ago. He does Bush comedy for some of the world's largest corporations. He performs as "Singing Bush." He will visit Promise Keepers events this year, and he has a book in the works. He's even sneaked into the Democratic National Headquarters.

But, as Morgan told CitizenLink, the opportunity to share the Gospel is the most wonderful part of the job.

And, in typical George W. humor; when asked if he had ever had a chance to meet the president he said: 'I got a chance to shake his hand in Orlando, and I said, "Mr. President, it is an honor to be your look-alike." He just looked at me and said, "Well, I feel sorry for ya." '

No comments: