Monday, March 10, 2008

That's A Lot Of Lemonade


At a dollar a glass this young girl is making a huge difference.

My name is Emily and I am ten years old. I feel like God is asking me to help people and make a difference in the world.
I started by asking 8000 people to donate $1 to help feed the people of the Kipsongo Slum in Kitale, Kenya. I reached my first goal of $8,000 and the missionaries are going to use the money to feed 2,500 people for 10 days!
My new goal is $360,000 to build an orphanage complex for the Kipsongo Slum. The orphanage will be built on 30 acres. There will be land for crops, dormitories for the orphans, a school, dining hall, a water bottling facility to provide income, and a lot more!
Talk about a person that has a goal and that goal is to help those less fortunate. Emily should be a role model for young people; don't be self focused - be focused on how you can make a difference.

No comments: